Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School!

Today's schedule was a little off because we had a meeting first thing this morning.

When we got home we started with Calendar time.
We took about a 20 minute break while the girls played and I prepared for our next activity.  They were very curious about what I was doing and hung close to me rather then go downstairs to their play area.

Next we continued with our Bible story.  We talked about how many days it took God to create the world including the day 7 when he rested and counted the number of days in the week.  Then we focused on day one.

We talked about light and dark, day and night, black and white.
We are also creating a creation book found on this website:  Hubbard's Cupboard


(sorry it's sideways)
Then we sang our color songs and did our two color activities.
We did actually forget to do the number activity for the day.  
One girl started Charlie Church Mouse Creation game while the other finished her work.  Then they switched.
Finally the girls practiced cutting with scissors while I gave them a pre-assessment individually.  I'll be excited to see how they do when I re-assess them at the end of the year.

I don't want to post an example of my daily routine until I get more comfortable with it.  I didn't start the book of the week today and we may do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on how everything else works out.  All other preschool activities will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.  Afternoons will be open for free play, gross motor activities, sensory activities, and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment