Monday, August 29, 2011

I decided to add Words of the Week! I know this may be early but this is what I figure. These are the words we used my first year of teaching at the Kindergarten Center (I was the art teacher). In all honesty many of the twins are at the same level as many of our kindergartners and ahead of some. I'm not saying my girls are super gifted even though as their mom of course I think they are! I worked in a high poverty district and few of our kiddos attended a preschool and so many of them were desparetly behind. We really had our work cut out for us getting them caught up.
So my reasoning is that if these kindergartners can start from such a low stage and learn these words why can't my girls. No, I don't expect them to be able to recite them but exposing them to the words can't hurt and while being able to sound out words is so important knowing sights words and not having to sound everything out is important too!

No comments:

Post a Comment