Monday, August 29, 2011

Sloppy Joe Quesadillas

Remember when I said we eat a lot of quesadillas?
Alas the Sloppy Joe Quesadilla!
I love Sloppy Joes! I remember from my childhood always thinking it was so funny when my brother Joe asked my mom for Sloppy Joes for dinner. I wonder if my nieces have the same sense of humor as I do???
I must give credit where credit is due, this is not my sloppy joe recipe but the quesadillas are all me!
I got the recipe off my MOPS page from Carrie who said it is Monika's recipe.
Sloppy Joe's
1 lb ground beef
1/4 chopped onion
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t ground mustard
3/4 cup catsup
3 t brown suger (I use sucanat so its has a more molasses-y flavor)
can of whole kernel corn
s&p to taste.
Brown the ground beef and chopped onion, drain grease, then add remaining ingredients!
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
sloppy joe mixture
whole wheat tortillas
sharp cheddar cheese
Spoon some sloppy joe mixture onto half of the tortilla.
Add three thin slices of cheese
Fold tortilla in half
Cook on skillet at medium heat for about 10 seconds per side or until light brown and crisp.
Enjoy! And don't forget your napkin; they're called Sloppy for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment