Friday, January 13, 2012

Crock Pot Mexican Chicken

Juicy, Delicious, Easy
3 words is all it takes to describe this chicken.
Use it on tacos, quesadillias, enchiladas you'll never go back to your old way of making Mexican Chicken

I got the original concept for this chicken from an old friend Karaleen but I decided to come up with my own taco seasoning recipe because those packet seasonings just don't quite cut it for me.

You don't have to make your own taco seasoning but believe me it makes all the difference in the world.

Here's my recipe:
Taco Seasoning

1/2 T chipotle chilli powder (or 1 T regular chilli powder)
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1/4 t oregano
1 1/2 t cround cumin
1 t kosher salt
1 t black pepper

Simply mix all the ingredients.  Use 2 T per lb of meat.

Mexican Chicken
I am giving the recipe for 1 lb of chicken but I always make 3 lbs and freeze what we don't use.  It's even better the second time around.

1 lb chicken breast
chicken broth
2 T seasoning mix (or use a packet of seasoning mix) per pound of meat
2 tsp flour  per pound of meat

Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot.  Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the chicken then add just enough broth to come to the tops of the chicken breasts but not cover them.  Set crock pot to whatever time frame you have available, however low and slow is the best.

Once the time is up remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board (I do one at a time).  Using two forks shred the chicken, it will literally just fall apart.  Put the shredded chicken in a bowl then spoon some sauce over it.  Make it as juicy or dry as you desire.

Don't throw away the leftover juices!!!  Put the juice in a jar and use it for enchilada sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment